- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 578
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 87g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Lentil ragu with courgetti
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus 1 tsp
- celery-stick - 3 celery sticks, chopped
- carrot - 2 carrots, chopped
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- button-mushroom - 140g button mushrooms from a 280g pack, quartered
- red-lentil - 500g pack dried red lentils
- passata - 500g pack passata
- vegetable-bouillon - 1l reduced-salt vegetable bouillon (we used Marigold)
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- courgette - 1-2 large courgettes, cut into noodles with a spiraliser, julienne peeler or knife
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a large saute pan. Add the celery, carrots, garlic and onions, and fry for 4-5 mins over a high heat to soften and start to colour. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 mins more.
- Stir in the lentils, passata, bouillon, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Cover the pan and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the lentils are tender and pulpy. Check occasionally and stir to make sure the mixture isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan; if it does, add a drop of water.
- To serve, heat the remaining oil in a separate frying pan, add the courgette and stir-fry briefly to soften and warm through. Serve half the ragu with the courgetti and chill the rest to eat on another day.Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Healthy vegan recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, celery stick, carrot, garlic cloves, onion, button mushroom, red lentil, passata, vegetable bouillon, oregano, balsamic vinegar and courgette.