- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 613
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 91g
- Sugar Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
Lentil & sweet potato curry
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- cumin-seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- mustard-seeds - 1 tsp mustard seeds (any colour)
- curry-powder - 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- lentil - 100g red or green lentil, or a mixture
- sweet-potato - 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- vegetable-stock - 500ml vegetable stock
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, drained
- coriander - 1/4 small pack coriander (optional)
- natural-yogurt - natural yogurt and naan bread, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil in a large pan, add 1 chopped red onion and cook for a few mins until softened.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp mustard seeds and 1 tbsp medium curry powder and cook for 1 min more, then stir in 100g red or green lentils (or a mixture), 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks, 500ml vegetable stock and a 400g can chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Add a drained 400g can chickpeas, then heat through.
- Season, sprinkle with 1/4 small pack coriander, if you like, and serve with seasoned yogurt and naan bread.
Marathon recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, cumin seed, mustard seeds, curry powder, lentil, sweet potato, vegetable stock, chopped tomato, chickpea, coriander and natural yogurt.