- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 400
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.28g
Lighter lamb burgers with smoky oven chips
- couscous - 100g couscous
- carrot - 2 carrots, finely grated
- lamb - 250g pack extra-lean lamb mince
- spring-onion - bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- fresh-mint - 1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- raita - rocket leaves and raita or natural yogurt, to serve
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- sweet-potato - 750g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- smoked-paprika - 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. For the chips, pour the oil into a shallow, non-stick roasting tin and heat in the oven. Add sweet potatoes, stir around until coated with oil, then roast for 25 mins. Add paprika, shake to coat, then roast for 10 mins more until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the burgers. Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over 100ml boiling water. Leave for a couple of mins until all the liquid has been absorbed. Squeeze any liquid out of the carrots, then stir into the couscous along with the mince, spring onions, mint and egg. Season well.
- Shape the mixture into 4 large burgers. Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet, then cook in the oven for 20 mins until browned and cooked right through. Alternatively, grill under a high heat (or on the barbecue, if the weather is nice enough) for 6-8 mins on each side.
- Divide the chips between 4 plates and place a burger on each plate. Serve with a plain leaf salad such as rocket alongside and some raita or yogurt spooned over, if you like.
Healthy lamb recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has couscous, carrot, lamb, spring onion, fresh mint, egg, raita, olive oil, sweet potato and smoked paprika.