- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Fat Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 36g
Lime semifreddo cheesecake
Yummy is a small word to describe this delicious dessert. This is must to have kind of recipe for your parties ahead, cook today and freeze for 3 months and server when needed.
- digestive-biscuit - 140g digestive biscuits, roughly broken
- butter - 75g butter, melted
- condensed-milk - 300g condensed milk
- cream-cheese - 200g full-fat cream cheese
- double-cream - 150ml double cream
- lime - finely grated zest 3 limes, plus extra to serve
- lime-juice - 3 tbsp lime juice (from 2 limes)
- cranberry - 200g fresh or frozen cranberries
- golden-caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- cornflour - 1 tbsp ground arrowroot or cornflour
- Line a 900g loaf tin with a large piece of foil. Press down well into the base and sides of the tin, and leave plenty overhanging the edges. Put the biscuits in a freezer bag and bash to crumbs with a rolling pin. Mix with the melted butter and tip the crumbs into the prepared tin - press firmly into the base to create an even layer. Chill while the filling is made.
- Use an electric whisk on a medium setting to beat the condensed milk, cheese and cream together until smooth and thickened - this will take around 2 mins. Add the grated zest and juice, and beat slowly until the cheese mixture forms soft peaks.
- Spoon the lime mixture over the biscuit base. Cover lightly with the overhanging foil and seal firmly to keep out as much air as possible. Wrap in a second layer of foil, pop into a large freezer bag and freeze overnight.
- To make the cranberry compote, put the cranberries, sugar and 150ml cold water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries are softened but holding their shape. Mix the arrowroot or cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water until smooth, then stir into the fruit. Cook for another 2 mins, stirring regularly. Leave to cool, then cover and chill. Can be frozen at this stage.
- Turn out the frozen cheesecake onto a platter or board and leave to thaw for 30 mins, then carefully peel off the foil. Warm the cranberry compote gently and serve with the sliced semifreddo.
Make-ahead Christmas recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has digestive biscuit, butter, condensed milk, cream cheese, double cream, lime, lime juice, cranberry, golden caster sugar and cornflour.