- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 766
- Carbohydrate Content: 79g
- Fat Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Linguine with watercress & almond pesto
- linguine - 200g linguine or spaghetti
- watercress - 85g bag watercress
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- parmesan - 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), half grated, half shaved
- flaked-almond - 50g toasted flaked almond
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon-juice - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sugar - 1/2 tsp sugar
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the watercress and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and blend for a few secs until finely chopped. Add the grated cheese, half the almonds, the olive oil, lemon juice and sugar. Season well, then blend until you have a smooth puree consistency.
- When the linguine is cooked, drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan and pour over the pesto, using a little pasta water to loosen the sauce if necessary. Stir everything together and divide between 2 bowls. To serve, top with the shaved cheese and remaining almonds.
Vegetarian pasta recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has linguine, watercress, garlic clove, parmesan, flaked almond, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and sugar.