- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 145
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.18g
Little toffee apple cake
- Ask your grown-up helperto switch the oven on to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5. Brush a small (500g/ 1 lb) loaf tin with a little oil.
- Peel the apple with a potato peeler, then cut it into quarters and cut out the cores.Ask a grown-up for help if you need to.
- Grate the apple using a rotary or box grater and put it in a large bowl.
- Break the egg into a small bowl. If any pieces of shell fall in, lift them out with a spoon. Add to the apple, then add 3 tbsp oil and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour and sugar and stir together. The mixture is quite stiff so keep going until all of the flour is mixed in. Scrape into prepared tin.
- Push 3 toffees into the mix in a row. Ask a grown-up to put the tin in the oven for 30-40 mins or until cooked through. Cool before tipping out and slicing.
Kids’ cakes recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, apple, egg, vanilla extract, self-raising flour, golden caster sugar and toffee.Add to Favourites