- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 287
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 0.26g
Liver & red pepper stir-fry
- groundnut-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp groundnut oil
- liver - 225g lamb's liver, cut into strips
- leek - 1 leek, diagonally sliced
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into rough squares
- chilli - 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- spring-green - 100g spring greens, thinly sliced
- orange - grated zest of 1 orange and 2 tbsp juice
- sherry - 2 tbsp medium dry sherry
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the liver and stir fry over a moderately high heat for 3 minutes until light brown - don't cook for longer or the liver will become rubbery. Remove to a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Tip the leek, red pepper and chilli into the pan with the rest of the oil and stir fry over a high heat for 2 minutes. Add the oregano, garlic and greens and stir fry for a further 30 seconds or so, until the greens have just wilted and turned a nice bright green.
- Return the liver to the pan, add the orange zest and juice, sherry, then season. Toss everything together on a high heat and serve immediately.
Healthy lamb recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has groundnut oil, liver, leek, red pepper, chilli, oregano, garlic clove, spring green, orange and sherry.