- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 603
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 48g
- Sodium Content: 3g
Lobster & celeriac remoulade
- lobster - 1 small, whole cooked lobster (about 400g, defrosted if frozen)
- celeriac - 1/2 a small celeriac
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- mayonnaise - 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- dijon-mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- tabasco - splash of Tabasco
- dill - 1/2 small pack dill, chopped, reserving a few fronds to finish
- sourdough - toasted sourdough or your favourite bread, to serve (optional)
- To prepare the lobster, remove the roe if there is any (if you want to include it in the remoulade, set it aside). Twist off and peel the tail, halve lengthways, slice thickly and set aside. Crack the claws and try to remove the meat whole, setting it aside with the tail. Winkle out the rest of the meat from the knuckles and the legs, and keep separate.
- Pour the lemon juice into a bowl. Finely cut the celeriac into matchsticks, or coarsely grate or spiralize it. Tip it straight into the lemon juice and toss to prevent it browning. Add the mayo, mustard and Tabasco, season and mix well. Now stir in the broken bits of lobster meat, most of the roe (if using) and the chopped dill.Can be done 1 day ahead up to this point - keep in the fridge and remove 1 hr before serving.
- Neatly spoon the celeriac in the middle of two small plates. Arrange the lobster claw on one side and the tail meat on top and scatter with the dill fronds and the rest of the roe. Serve with toast, if you like.
Make-ahead Christmas recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lobster, celeriac, lemon, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, tabasco, dill and sourdough.