- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 289
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- pepper - 200g frozen sliced peppers
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- minced-beef - 200g extra-lean minced beef
- red-lentil - 100g red lentils
- oregano - 2 tsp dried oregano, plus extra for sprinkling
- passata - 500ml carton passata
- aubergine - 1 aubergine, sliced into 1 1/2 cm rounds
- tomato - 4 tomatoes, sliced into 1cm rounds
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- parmesan - 25g parmesan, finely grated
- greek-yogurt - 170g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
- nutmeg - freshly grated nutmeg
- Cook the peppers gently in a large non-stick pan for about 5 mins - the water from them should stop them sticking. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then add the beef, breaking up with a fork, and cook until brown. Tip in the lentils, half the oregano, the passata and a splash of water. Simmer for 15-20 mins until the lentils are tender, adding more water if you need to.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to Medium. Arrange the aubergine and tomato slices on a non-stick baking tray and brush with the oil. Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and some seasoning, then grill for 1-2 mins each side until lightly charred - you may need to do this in batches.
- Mix half the Parmesan with the yogurt and some seasoning. Divide the beef mixture between 4 small ovenproof dishes and top with the sliced aubergine and tomato. Spoon over the yogurt topping and sprinkle with the extra oregano, Parmesan and nutmeg. Grill for 3-4 mins until bubbling. Serve with a salad, if you like.
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has pepper, garlic clove, minced beef, red lentil, oregano, passata, aubergine, tomato, olive oil, parmesan, greek yogurt and nutmeg.