- Chicken guacamole wrapTake 1 tortilla wrap and spread 2 tbsp shop-bought guacamole down the middle. Lay 1/2 shredded chicken breast and 1/2 sliced red pepper on top. Sprinkle with 30g grated cheddar and roll up tightly. Wrap in baking parchment and tie with string, or roll tightly in cling film (serves 1).
- Very easy pasta saladCook 85g pasta shapes, adding 3 tbsp each frozen peas and frozen sweetcorn for the final min. Drain; rinse in cold water. Mix 1 tbsp each natural yogurt and shop-bought balsamic dressing, with 1 tsp mayo. Pour onto the pasta, then stir in 1 tbsp chopped basil and 3 halved cherry tomatoes (serves 1).
- Mini ham rollsMix 1 tbsp mayo with 1 tsp each wholegrain mustard and honey. Split 2 small wholemeal rolls in half and spread each side with the mayo mix. Stuff each roll with 2-3 slices cucumber, 1 Baby Gem leaf and 1 slice ham (serves 1).
- Ploughman's lunchboxCut a chunk of cheddar and 1 apple into wedges (squeeze over some lemon juice to stop them going brown). Place 2 Baby Gem leaves in a container, then spoon 2 tbsp chutney into one leaf and use the other leaf to hold a salad made of 1 small grated carrot, 3 cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp cress. Serve with a selection of crackers, if you like (serves 1).
- Sweet potato & chickpea soupHeat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan; soften 1 finely diced onion for 3 mins. Add 2 sliced garlic cloves, cook for 3 mins more. Add 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander, cook for 1 min. Add 1 sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes. Fry for 2 mins, then pour over 600ml hot vegetable stock. Boil for 10 mins until potato is tender. Add 220g can drained chickpeas. Heat through before whizzing until smooth. Stir in 1 tbsp soured cream and 50ml milk. Pour into a thermos when hot (serves 2).
Lunchbox recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has guacamole, pasta, ham, cheese and sweet potato.