- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 542
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 47g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.46g
Malt chocolate ice cream with Oreo cookie crunch
- milk - 750ml milk
- double-cream - 250ml double cream
- egg-yolk - 6 egg yolks
- sugar - 140g sugar
- milk-chocolate - 85g milk chocolate, chopped
- plain-chocolate - 25g plain chocolate, chopped
- ovaltine - 140g original flavour ovaltine
- cookie - 154g pack Oreo cookie, broken into chunks about the size of a large pea
- Bring the milk and cream to a simmer in a pan. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until combined. Pour the milk onto the eggs, stirring well. Pour this back into a cleaned-out saucepan and slowly heat through for about 10 mins, stirring all the time. Don't allow the liquid to simmer. It should thicken as it heats up and is ready when it's thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the hot custard mix over the chocolate in a bowl and allow it to melt. Add the Ovaltine and whisk until smooth.
- Cool, then churn in an ice-cream machine. As it thickens, add the biscuits. Freeze. When ready to eat, serve with White chocolate sauce (below).
Ice cream recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has milk, double cream, egg yolk, sugar, milk chocolate, plain chocolate, ovaltine and cookie.