- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 537
- Fat Content: 39g
- Saturated Fat Content: 22g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Sugar Content: 4.2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.07g
Mango & cardamom syllabub
- mango - 4 large mangoes, peeled and stoned, 2 finely chopped
- cardamom-pod - 10 green cardamom pods, seeds removed
- lime - finely grated zest and juice 2 limes
- icing-sugar - 85g icing sugar
- brandy - 4 tbsp brandy
- double-cream - 568ml pot double cream
- meringue - 4 meringues shells, lightly crushed
- mint - mint sprigs, to serve
- Put the flesh of 2 mangoes in a food processor and blend to a puree. Stir in almost all the finely chopped flesh of the other 2 mangoes, then spoon into the base of 8 glasses.
- Grind the cardamom seeds to a powder, then put in a bowl with the lime zest and juice, icing sugar and brandy. Stir well, then tip in the cream and whip until it holds its shape. Fold in the crushed meringue.
- Spoon the cream mixture on top of the mango puree, then spoon the remaining chopped mango on top. This can be made 1 hr ahead. Serve decorated with mint sprigs.
Indian recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has mango, cardamom pod, lime, icing sugar, brandy, double cream, meringue and mint.