- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 223
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.17g
Mango & passion fruit meringue roulade
- egg - 3 large egg whites
- caster-sugar - 175g caster sugar
- cornflour - 1 level tsp cornflour
- malt-vinegar - 1 tsp malt vinegar
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, to dust
- fat-free-greek-yogurt - 200g fat-free Greek yogurt
- mango - 1 large ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- passion-fruit - 4 passion fruits, pulp only
- icing-sugar - icing sugar (optional) and a few physalis, to decorate
- raspberry-sauce - raspberry sauce, to serve (see 'Try' below)
- Preheat the oven to 150C/ gas 2/fan 130C. Line a 33x23cm swiss roll tin with non-stick baking parchment. Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until frothy and doubled in bulk. Slowly whisk in the caster sugar until thick and shiny. Mix the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract, then whisk into the egg whites.
- Spoon into the tin and level the surface carefully, so you don't push out the air. Bake for 30 minutes until the meringue surface is just firm.
- Remove from the oven and cover with damp greaseproof paper for 10 minutes. Dust another sheet of greaseproof paper with icing sugar. Discard the damp paper and turn the meringue out on to the sugarcoated paper. Peel off the lining paper, then spread yogurt over the meringue and scatter with mango and passion fruit. Use the paper to roll up the roulade from one short end. Keep the join underneath. Sift a little icing sugar on top if you like, decorate with physalis and serve with raspberry sauce.
Gluten-free recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has egg, caster sugar, cornflour, malt vinegar, vanilla extract, icing sugar, fat-free greek yogurt, mango, passion fruit, icing sugar and raspberry sauce.