- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 240
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Maple-glazed blueberry muffins
- plain-flour - 250g plain flour
- baking-powder - 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- granulated-sugar - 140g granulated sugar
- unsalted-butter - 100g unsalted butter, melted
- buttermilk - 50g buttermilk
- egg - 2 large eggs
- maple-syrup - 50g maple syrup, plus 1 1/2 tbsp for the topping
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- blueberry - 175g blueberries, plus extra for the top
- icing-sugar - 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the muffin cases in a muffin tray. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarb, sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Whisk the butter, buttermilk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a jug. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and add most of the blueberries. Stir briefly to just combine, but don't overmix or the muffins will be heavy.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases (use an ice cream scoop if you have one) and bake for 22-25 mins until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Mix the remaining maple syrup and the icing sugar together with a pinch of salt until smooth. Brush the icing over each muffin while they are still warm. Dot a few blueberries on top of each one. Best eaten within a day or two.
Muffin recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, granulated sugar, unsalted butter, buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, blueberry and icing sugar.