- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 293
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.77g
Marinated beetroot with grilled goat’s cheese
- olive-oil - 6 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- red-wine-vinegar - 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- thyme-leaf - 1 tsp thyme leaves
- beetroot - 4 raw beetroot, peeled and very thinly sliced on a mandoline or with a food processor slicing attachment
- goat's-cheese - 2 x 100g vegetarian goat's cheese rounds with rind, halved horizontally
- rocket - 4 handfuls rocket
- Mix the oil, vinegar, sugar and thyme in a shallow dish and season well. Add the sliced beetroot and marinate for at least 1 hr or overnight, if you like.
- Heat grill to high. Season the goat's cheese slices, then place on an oiled baking tray and grill for 2-3 mins until golden and melting.
- Lift out the beetroot, reserving the marinade, and divide between 4 plates. Top with the rocket, a round of goat's cheese and a little more rocket. Drizzle with the marinade and serve.
Healthy recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, thyme leaf, beetroot, goat’s cheese and rocket.Add to Favourites