- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 523
- Fat Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.84g
Marmalade & whisky bread & butter pudding
- white-bread - 8 slices day-old crusty white bread, crusts removed
- butter - 50g very soft butter
- marmalade - 4 tbsp Seville orange marmalade, plus 4 tsp
- milk - 300ml full-fat milk
- double-cream - 248ml pot double cream
- egg - 3 large eggs
- vanilla-pod - seeds 1 vanilla pod
- caster-sugar - 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- whisky - 1 tbsp whisky
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- Butter each piece of bread on both sides, then spread 4 with the 1 tbsp marmalade each. Pop the remaining bread on top to make 4 marmalade sandwiches. Cut into triangles and nestle in rows in a large baking dish. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Beat the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar and whisky together, then pour over the bread. Leave to soak for 30 mins.
- Dot the remaining marmalade all over the top of the pud and dust with the icing sugar. Bake for 45 mins-1 hr or until puffy and starting to caramelise where the bread breaks out of the custard. Serve hot or warm.
Leftovers recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has white bread, butter, marmalade, milk, double cream, egg, vanilla pod, caster sugar, whisky and icing sugar.