- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 347
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Masala frittata with avocado salsa
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 3 onions, 2 1/2 thinly sliced, 1/2 finely chopped
- curry-paste - 1 tbsp Madras curry paste
- cherry-tomato - 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- coriander - small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- large-egg - 8 large eggs, beaten
- avocado - 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and cubed
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick, ovenproof frying pan. Tip in the sliced onions and cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins until soft and golden. Add the Madras paste and fry for 1 min more, then tip in half the tomatoes and half the chilli. Cook until the mixture is thick and the tomatoes have all burst.
- Heat the grill to high. Add half the coriander to the eggs and season, then pour over the spicy onion mixture. Stir gently once or twice, then cook over a low heat for 8-10 mins until almost set. Transfer to the grill for 3-5 mins until set.
- To make the salsa, mix the avocado, remaining chilli and tomatoes, chopped onion, remaining coriander and the lemon juice together, then season and serve with the frittata.
Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onion, curry paste, cherry tomato, chilli, coriander, large egg, avocado and lemon.