- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 378
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Masala meatball curry
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded
- bread - 1 thick slice white bread
- mint - small pack mint leaves, reserving some to serve
- lamb-mince - 400g lamb mince
- egg - 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- curry-paste - 1 tbsp masala curry paste
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- lamb-stock - 400ml lamb stock
- spinach - 100g baby spinach leaves
- basmati-rice - cooked basmati rice and cucumber & mint raita, to serve (optional)
- Place the garlic, chilli, bread and mint in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Tip into a bowl and mix with the lamb, egg and seasoning. using damp hands, shape into 16 small meatballs.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the meatballs in batches over a high heat until golden, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until beginning to soften. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 min, then tip in the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is thickened. Stir through the spinach until just wilted. Scatter over the reserved mint leaves, and serve with rice and cucumber & mint raita, if you like.
Meatballs recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has garlic clove, red chilli, bread, mint, lamb mince, egg, vegetable oil, onion, curry paste, chopped tomato, lamb stock, spinach and basmati rice.Add to Favourites