- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 380
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Meatballs with fennel & balsamic beans & courgette noodles
- beef-steak - 400g lean beef steak mince
- oregano - 2 tsp dried oregano
- egg - 1 large egg
- garlic-clove - 8 garlic cloves, 1 finely grated, the other sliced
- rapeseed-oil - 1-2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped, fronds reserved
- carrot - 2 carrots, finely chopped
- passata - 500g carton passata
- balsamic-vinegar - 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- vegetable-bouillon - 600ml reduced-salt vegetable bouillon
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- courgette - 1-2 large courgettes, cut into noodles with a julienne peeler or spiralizer
- soya-bean - 350g frozen soya beans, thawed
- Put the mince, oregano, egg and grated garlic in a bowl and grind in some black pepper. Mix together thoroughly and roll into 16 balls.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over a medium-high heat, add the meatballs and fry, moving them around the pan so that they brown all over - be careful as they're quite delicate and you don't want them to break up. Once brown, remove them from the pan. Reduce the heat slightly and add the fennel, carrots and sliced garlic to the pan and fry, stirring until they soften, about 5 mins.
- Tip in the passata, balsamic vinegar and bouillon, stir well, then return the meatballs to the pan, cover and cook gently for 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan and stir-fry the courgette with the beans to heat through and soften. Serve with the meatballs and scatter with any fennel fronds.
Healthy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has beef steak, oregano, egg, garlic clove, rapeseed oil, fennel bulb, carrot, passata, balsamic vinegar, vegetable bouillon, rapeseed oil, courgette and soya bean.