- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 418
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Sugar Content: 66g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- butter - 140g butter
- brown-sugar - 100g light soft brown sugar
- golden-syrup - 3 tbsp golden syrup
- vanilla-extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- plain-flour - 350g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- large-egg - 1 large egg
- ready-to-roll-icing - 1kg pack ready-to-roll icing
- icing-sugar - icing sugar
- food-colouring - food colouring paste, edible glitter and icing pens (optional)
- ribbon - 15 long colourful ribbons
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan. Mix in the vanilla, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Pour in the melted butter mixture and the egg, and stir together to form a stiff-ish dough. Pop the dough in the fridge for 10 mins to chill and firm up.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to 5mm thick, then stamp out 15 circles using a 7.5cm round cookie cutter; you may need to re-roll the trimmings to get 15 cookies. Make a hole at the top of each circle with the end of a pencil.
- Place on the baking trays and bake for 12 mins until golden, swapping the trays around halfway through. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate the cookies (see below), making sure the hole is at the top of each one.Will keep for 3 days in an airtight container.
Kids cookies recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, brown sugar, golden syrup, vanilla extract, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, large egg, ready-to-roll icing, icing sugar, food colouring and ribbon.