- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 411
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1.17g
Mediterranean fish stew with garlic toasts
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- tomato - 1kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
- white-wine - 200ml white wine
- fish-stock - 350ml fish stock
- orange-zest - 3 strips orange zest
- halibut - 1kg skinless halibut fillets, cut into large chunks
- clam - 500g clams
- prawn - 400g large raw prawns
- parsley - handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ciabatta - 1 large ciabatta loaf, cut into 1cm slices
- olive-oil - 5 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, halved
- To make the garlic toasts, drizzle the bread with oil, then griddle or grill until golden all over. While the toasts are still hot, rub them with garlic and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wide, deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook over a gentle heat for 5 mins until softened. Stir through the garlic and chilli and cook a couple of mins more. Add the tomato puree and tomatoes. Turn up the heat and cook for 10-15 mins, stirring until the tomatoes are pulpy. Pour over the wine and cook for 10 mins more until most of it has boiled away.
- Add the fish stock and orange zest and heat until gently simmering. Nestle the halibut chunks into the liquid and cook for 5 mins. Add the clams and prawns and cook for 5 mins more until the fish is cooked through and the clams have opened (discard any that haven't). Sprinkle the parsley over the stew and serve with the garlic toasts.
Lower sugar recipe for 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, red chilli, tomato purée, tomato, white wine, fish stock, orange zest, halibut, clam, prawn, parsley, ciabatta, olive oil and garlic clove.