- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 112
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.05g
Melting middle truffles
- dulce-de-leche - 1/2 450g/1lb jar dulce de leche caramel toffee
- dark-chocolate - 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- milk-chocolate - 2 x 200g/7oz bars milk chocolate, chopped
- double-cream - 142ml pot double cream
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa-powder - about 85g/3oz cocoa powder, to coat
- Make the middles first. Heat the Dulce de Leche in a pan for 1 min until warmed and runny, then stir in the chopped dark chocolate and leave to melt. Stir until smooth. Cover a dinner plate with cling film, oil the cling film well, then tip the mix onto it. Cool, then freeze for 2 hrs or until very firm.
- Put the milk chocolate into a bowl. Bring the cream to the boil in another pan, then pour it over the chocolate. Leave for 2 mins, then add the vanilla and stir until smooth. Cool, then chill until set.
- Peel the caramel from the cling film, then snip into thumbnail-size pieces; wet kitchen scissors work best. Spread cocoa powder over a large baking tray. Take a heaped tsp of the truffle mix then, with cocoa-dusted hands, poke in a caramel chunk. Squash the mix around the caramel to seal, then roll into a ball. Put onto the tray, then shake to coat in the cocoa. Repeat with the rest of the mix, then freeze, or chill if making less than 3 days ahead.
Edible gift recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has dulce de leche, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, double cream, vanilla extract and cocoa powder.