- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 347
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 0.48g
Mexican chicken & wild rice soup
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- green-pepper - 1 green pepper, diced
- sweetcorn - 200g sweetcorn, frozen or from a can
- chipotle-paste - 1-2 tbsp chipotle paste (we used Discovery)
- wild-rice - 250g Pouch ready-cooked long-grain and wild rice mix (we used Uncle Ben's)
- black-bean - 400g can black beans in water, rinsed and drained
- chicken-stock - 1.3l low-sodium chicken stock
- chicken-breast - 2 cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- soured-cream - low-fat soured cream and reduced fat guacamole, to serve, if you like
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5 mins. Throw in the pepper and cook for 2 mins more, then add the sweetcorn, chipotle paste and rice. Stir well and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the black beans and the stock. Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, then add half the chicken and coriander. Cool for 2-3 mins, then ladle into bowls.
- Scatter over the rest of the chicken and coriander. Serve with a dollop each of guacamole and soured cream on top if you like.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, green pepper, sweetcorn, chipotle paste, wild rice, black bean, chicken stock, chicken breast, coriander and soured cream.