- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 495
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Sugar Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Mexican penne with avocado
- wholemeal-penne - 100g wholemeal penne
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 1 large onion, sliced, plus 1 tbsp finely chopped
- orange-pepper - 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, grated
- chilli-powder - 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- cumin-seeds - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- chopped-tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- sweetcorn - 196g can sweetcorn in water
- vegetable-bouillon-powder - 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- avocado - 1 avocado, stoned and chopped
- lime - 1/2 lime, zest and juice
- coriander - handful coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Cook the pasta in salted water for 10-12 mins until al dente. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium pan. Add the sliced onion and pepper and fry, stirring frequently for 10 mins until golden. Stir in the garlic and spices, then tip in the tomatoes, half a can of water, the corn and bouillon. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, toss the avocado with the lime juice and zest, and the finely chopped onion.
- Drain the penne and toss into the sauce with the coriander. Spoon the pasta into bowls, top with the avocado and scatter over the coriander leaves.
Marathon recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has wholemeal penne, rapeseed oil, onion, orange pepper, garlic cloves, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin seeds, chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn, vegetable bouillon powder, avocado, lime and coriander.