- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 333
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 2g
- onion - 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- butter - knob of butter
- ground-cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- paprika - 1/2 tsp paprika (sweet or smoked depending on preference)
- chilli-flakes - pinch of chilli flakes or chilli powder
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes, drained and juice reserved
- kidney-bean - 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- vegetable-stock-cube - 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- dark-chocolate - 2 squares dark chocolate
- soured-cream - soured cream, to serve (optional)
- coriander - coriander, to serve (optional)
- Put the onion, garlic, butter and spices in a microwaveable container, give it a quick stir, then heat in themicrowaveon High for 30-40 secs. Leave to stand for 1 min, then add the chopped tomatoes, beans, stock cube and chocolate.
- Cover with cling film and pierce 3 times. Place some kitchen paper on your microwave turntable, put the container on top and cook for 2 mins on High. Stir well and leave to stand for 1 min. If your chilli starts to dry out, add some of the reserved tomato juice, but remember that it won't reduce as much in the microwave as it would on the hob.
- Cover and cook on Medium for a further 2 mins. Give it a good stir and allow to stand for 1 min before serving topped with soured cream and coriander, if you like.
Vegetarian chilli recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has onion, garlic clove, butter, ground cumin, paprika, chilli flakes, chopped tomato, kidney bean, vegetable stock cube, dark chocolate, soured cream and coriander.