- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 538
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Sugar Content: 49g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.65g
Microwave coffee & walnut cake
- butter - 85g very soft butter
- golden-caster-sugar - 85g golden caster sugar
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- self-raising-flour - 85g self-raising flour
- coffee - 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- walnut-piece - small handful of walnut pieces (optional)
- coffee - 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- milk - 1 tsp milk
- butter - 25g very soft butter
- icing-sugar - 100g icing sugar
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs followed by the flour and instant coffee. Stir most of the walnuts (if using) into the batter, reserving a few for decoration. Transfer to a microwave-proof dish and cook in themicrowaveon full power for 2 mins. Reduce the power to medium and cook for 2 mins.
- After 4 mins, check to see if the cake is cooked - it should be risen and spring back when touched. If it needs a bit longer, cook on medium for 1 min more at a time, checking after each minute until the cake is cooked. Remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the coffee butter cream. Dissolve the coffee in the milk, then add the butter and icing sugar. Beat until smooth, spread over the cake and top with the reserved walnuts.
Coffee recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, egg, self-raising flour, coffee, walnut piece, coffee, milk, butter and icing sugar.