- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 349
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Minced beef cobbler
- beef - 500g pack extra-lean beef mince
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- mushroom - 140g baby chestnut mushroom, halved
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- stock - 500ml beef stock
- worcestershire-sauce - few shakes Worcestershire sauce
- self-raising-flour - 140g self-raising flour
- thyme - 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- natural-yogurt - 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- pea - 140g frozen peas
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Dry-fry the mince and onion in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Stir frequently to break up the mince, until well browned. Add the mushrooms and plain flour, followed by the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, then gently cook for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the cobbles, mix the self-raising flour and thyme together in a bowl. Stir in the yogurt with enough cold water to form a scone-like dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to the thickness of about 1.5cm and use a cutter to stamp out 12 x 5cm rounds.
- Stir the peas into the mince mixture, then transfer to a baking dish. Randomly place the cobbles on top of the mince, then bake for 20-25 mins, until cobbles are risen and golden brown. This is good served with horseradish sauce.
Healthy mince recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has beef, onion, mushroom, plain flour, stock, worcestershire sauce, self-raising flour, thyme, natural yogurt and pea.