- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 368
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Minced beef & sweet potato stew
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- carrot - 1 large carrot, chopped
- celery - 1 celery stick, sliced
- minced-beef - 500g lean minced beef
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- mushroom-ketchup - 1 tbsp mushroom ketchup
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- sweet-potato - 450g sweet potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- thyme - few thyme sprigs
- bay-leaf - 1 bay leaf
- parsley - handful parsley, chopped
- savoy-cabbage - Savoy cabbage, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, carrot and celery, and sweat for 10 mins until soft. Add the beef and cook until it is browned all over.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for a few mins, then add the mushroom ketchup, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, herbs and a can full of water. Season well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on a low heat for 40-45 mins until the sweet potatoes are tender, stirring a few times throughout cooking to make sure they are cooking evenly.
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaf, stir through the chopped parsley and serve with cabbage.
Gut-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion, carrot, celery, minced beef, tomato purée, mushroom ketchup, chopped tomato, sweet potato, thyme, bay leaf, parsley and savoy cabbage.