- Prep Time: 28 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Serving: 12, as a snack or canapé
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 96
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Mini butternut squash frittatas
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- butternut-squash - 1 large butternut squash (about 1.4kg) peeled, ends trimmed, halved widthways and spiralized into thin noodles
- red-onion - 1 red onion, ends trimmed, peeled and spiralized into flat noodles
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped and deseeded, if you like
- egg - 6 large eggs
- thyme - 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- goat's-cheese - 100g goat's cheese, broken into pieces
- Heat oven to180C/160Cfan/gas 4. Lightly oil 12 holes of a muffin tin.
- Pull apart any squash spirals that are still stuck together and cut any long spirals of squash in half. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat then add the spiralized squash and red onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 mins until the vegetables have softened slightly. Stir in the red chilli, fry for a further min then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs in a large jug or bowl and season with salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Stir in the butternut squash mixture along with the thyme leaves and goat's cheese.
- Divide the mixture between each muffin tin, making sure each hole gets an equal amount of filling, then bake in the oven for 15-18 mins or until just set. Gently lift the fritattas out of the tin with a palette or cutlery knife.
Lunchbox recipe for 12, as a snack or canapé people, takes only 22 mins; recipe has olive oil, butternut squash, red onion, red chilli, egg, thyme and goat’s cheese.