- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 144
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Mini chicken bagel burgers
- chickpea - 1/2 a 400g can chickpea, drained
- onion - 1 small onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- turkey-mince - 500g chicken or turkey mince
- sweet-potato - 1 small sweet potato (about 100g/4oz), grated
- olive-oil - olive oil, for brushing
- bagel - 12 mini bagels
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- iceberg-lettuce - 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- tomato - 2 tomatoes, sliced
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- Heat grill to medium. Whizz the chickpeas in a food processor or mash until well broken up. Put into a bowl with the onion, garlic, mince and sweet potato. Mix well and season. Can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Divide the mixture into 12 and shape into mini burgers. Put onto the baking sheet, brush with oil and grill for 10 mins, turning once. Can be chilled and reheated in the microwave on High for 2 mins.
- Split the bagels and toast under the grill, if you like. Spread the bases with mayonnaise, top with a chicken burger, some shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and the bagel tops.
Kids’ cooking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chickpea, onion, garlic clove, turkey mince, sweet potato, olive oil, bagel, mayonnaise, iceberg lettuce, tomato and cucumber.