- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 129
- Fat Content: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13.8g
- Sugar Content: 10.9g
- Fiber Content: 0.6g
- Protein Content: 1.4g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Mini chocolate & ginger brownies
- dark-chocolate - 150g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- butter - 250g butter
- brown-sugar - 200g soft brown sugar
- self-raising-flour - 150g self-raising flour
- cocoa-powder - 50g cocoa powder, sifted
- large-egg - 3 large eggs, beaten
- crystallised-ginger - 125g crystallised ginger, chopped
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4 and line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with baking parchment. Melt the dark chocolate with the butter in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over just simmering water.
- Mix together the sugar, flour and cocoa powder and stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, followed by the eggs. Stir through crystallised ginger.
- Pour into the tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 35 - 40 mins. Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing into small bites. Arrange on a tray and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has dark chocolate, butter, brown sugar, self-raising flour, cocoa powder, large egg, crystallised ginger and icing sugar.