- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 136
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.52g
Mini sausage rolls
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Crush 1/2 small garlic clove and a little salt to a paste using a pestle and mortar, or use the flat of your knife on a chopping board. Mix together with a handful of chopped parsley and stir in 50ml cold water.
- Place 400g sausagemeat in a food processor (if using sausages, peel away the skins), turn on to a high speed, pour the garlic-flavoured water into the mixture, then season with pepper.
- Unroll 375g ready-rolled puff pastry onto a board and cut in half lengthways.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of each pastry strip in a cylinder shape, leaving a 1cm edge.
- Tightly roll the pastry around the sausagemeat and brush the ends with 1 beaten egg to secure.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces, each about 2.5cm long, and place on a baking sheet.
- Can be made up to this point 1 month in advance and frozen. To cook from frozen, simply add 10 mins to cooking time below.
- Brush more beaten egg all over the pastry. Place in the oven and cook for 25-35 mins until the pastry is puffed and crisp and the meat has cooked through. Remove and eat hot or cold with tomato ketchup if you like.
Kids’ party recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has garlic clove, parsley, sausagemeat, puff pastry and egg.