- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 693
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 25g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Mini schnitzels with garlic sauce
- chicken-thigh - 500g skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets
- plain-flour - 4 tbsp plain flour
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- breadcrumb - 140g dried breadcrumbs
- butter - 75g butter
- garlic-clove - 4 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
- creme-fraiche - 200g creme fraiche
- curly-parsley - 1/2 small bunch curly parsley, finely chopped
- mixed-leaf - mixed leaf (optional), to serve
- fries - skinny fries (optional), to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Place the chicken thigh fillets between 2 pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin to about 1cm thick. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs on 3 separate plates. Season the flour, then toss the chicken pieces in it to coat, followed by the egg and finishing with a coating of breadcrumbs.
- Put the breadcrumbed chicken on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, melt the butter, then stir in the garlic and cook for 3-4 mins until it is softened. Turn down the heat, whisk in the creme fraiche and most of the parsley and season to taste. Serve the sauce in a small pot on the side, to dip into, sprinkle the remaining parsley over the sauce, and serve with salad leaves and skinny fries, if you like.
Kids’ cooking recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has chicken thigh, plain flour, egg, breadcrumb, butter, garlic clove, crème fraîche, curly parsley, mixed leaf and fries.