- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 270
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Minty beetroot, feta & bulgur salad
- bulgur-wheat - 50g bulgur wheat
- orange - 2 oranges, 1/2 zested and juiced, the rest peeled and chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- apple-cider-vinegar - 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- mint - 3 tbsp chopped mint
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, sliced
- walnut-half - 4 walnut halves, broken
- kalamata-olives - 4 pitted Kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- beetroots - 2 beetroots, chopped
- feta - 40g vegetarian feta
- Put the bulgur in a small pan, cover with water, bring to the boil, then cook, covered, for 5 mins or until tender. Drain well, press out any excess water and tip into a bowl.
- Stir in the orange zest and juice, garlic and vinegar, then toss through the mint, spring onions, walnuts and olives (if using). Finally, stir in the beetroot, spoon into containers and top with the feta to mix through just before eating.
Healthy recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, orange, garlic clove, apple cider vinegar, mint, spring onion, walnut half, kalamata olives, beetroots and feta.