- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 512
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 44g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Minty griddled chicken & peach salad
- lime - 1 lime, zested and juiced
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- mint - 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- skinless-chicken-breast-fillet - 2 skinless chicken breast fillets (300g)
- fine-beans - 160g fine beans, trimmed and halved
- peaches - 2 peaches (200g), each cut into 8 thick wedges
- red-onion - 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- little-gem-lettuce - 1 large Little Gem lettuce (165g), roughly shredded
- rocket - 1/2 x 60g pack rocket
- avocado - 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
- new-potatoes - 240g cooked new potatoes
- Mix the lime zest and juice, oil and mint, then put half in a bowl with the garlic. Thickly slice the chicken at a slight angle, add to the garlic mixture and toss together with plenty of black pepper.
- Cook the beans in a pan of water for 3-4 mins until just tender. Meanwhile, griddle the chicken and onion for a few mins each side until cooked and tender. Transfer to a plate, then quickly griddle the peaches. If you don't have a griddle pan, use a non-stick frying pan with a drop of oil.
- Toss the warm beans and onion in the remaining mint mixture, and pile onto a platter or into individual shallow bowls with the lettuce and rocket. Top with the avocado, peaches and chicken and scatter over the mint. Serve with the potatoes while still warm.
Healthy picnic recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has lime, rapeseed oil, mint, garlic clove, skinless chicken breast fillet, fine beans, peaches, red onion, little gem lettuce, rocket, avocado and new potatoes.