- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 419
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 0.76g
Miso brown rice & chicken salad
- basmati-rice - 120g brown basmati rice
- chicken-breast - 2 skinless chicken breasts
- broccoli - 140g sprouting broccoli
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, cut into diagonal slices
- sesame-seed - 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- miso-paste - 2 tsp miso paste
- rice-vinegar - 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- mirin - 1 tbsp mirin
- ginger - 1 tsp grated ginger
- Cook the rice following the pack instructions, then drain and keep warm. While it's cooking, place the chicken breasts into a pan of boiling water so they are completely covered. Boil for 1 min, then turn off the heat, place a lid on and let sit for 15 mins. When cooked through, cut into slices.
- Boil the broccoli until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- For the dressing, mix the miso, rice vinegar, mirin and ginger together.
- Divide the rice between two plates and scatter over the spring onions and sesame seeds. Place the broccoli and chicken slices on top. To finish, drizzle over the dressing.
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has basmati rice, chicken breast, broccoli, spring onion, sesame seed, miso paste, rice vinegar, mirin and ginger.