- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 442
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 21g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Miso burgers with mint & pomegranate slaw
- bulghar-wheat - 75g bulghar wheat
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 2 onions, chopped
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- carrot - 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- red-chilli - 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- cumin-seeds - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ground-coriander - 1 tbsp ground coriander
- coriander - 30g pack coriander, stalks and leaves chopped but kept separate
- lime - 1 lime, zested, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into 4 wedges
- chickpeas - 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- egg - 2 large eggs
- miso-paste - 2 tbsp white miso paste
- white-cabbage - 1/2 small white cabbage, shredded
- red-onion - 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- carrot - 2 carrots, shredded (ideally with a julienne peeler)
- pomegranate - 1 pomegranate seeds only
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint
- cider-vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cook the bulghar in a small pan of water for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until starting to turn golden. Add the carrots and chilli, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins until the carrots soften. Add the cumin, ground coriander, coriander stalks and lime zest, and stir well.
- Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and crush with a masher or fork, then add the eggs and miso to form a chunky paste.
- Drain the bulghar well and stir into the spicy vegetables. Take off the heat, shape into eight burgers and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until firm and starting to turn golden.
- For the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a big bowl with the lime juice and coriander leaves. Serve with the burgers and lime wedges for squeezing over.
Healthy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has bulghar wheat, rapeseed oil, onion, garlic cloves, carrot, red chilli, cumin seeds, ground coriander, coriander, lime, chickpeas, egg, miso paste, white cabbage, red onion, carrot, pomegranate, mint, cider vinegar and rapeseed oil.