- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 410
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Miso prawn skewers with veggie rice salad
- basmati-rice - 200g brown basmati rice
- mange-tout - 175g mange tout
- bean - 200g frozen soy bean
- sesame-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- coriander - large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- green-chilli - 1 green chilli, finely diced
- prawn - 400g raw large peeled prawn
- miso-paste - 3 tbsp sweet miso paste (You'll find this with the Japanese ingredients. We used Clearspring white miso)
- soy-sauce - 2 tsp soy sauce
- rice-vinegar - 2 tsp Japanese rice vinegar
- brown-sugar - 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- Place the brown rice in a pan with lots of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 mins or until tender. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in some cold water (to prevent them burning). Add the mangetout and soy beans to the rice for the final 5 mins of cooking. Rinse under cold water, draining thoroughly.
- Toss the rice with the sesame oil and mix in a large bowl with the spring onions, coriander, chilli and seasoning.
- Heat a grill. Place the skewer ingredients in a bowl with a few grinds of black pepper. Give everything a good stir, making sure the prawns are well coated. Thread prawns onto the skewers and lay on a baking sheet. Grill for a couple of mins each side, turning, until prawns are cooked through. Serve with the rice salad and drizzle over any of the cooking juices.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has basmati rice, mange tout, bean, sesame oil, spring onion, coriander, green chilli, prawn, miso paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar and brown sugar.