- Serving: 4 as a starter or snack
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 99
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 2.44g
- Put the wakame in a small bowl and cover with cold water, then leave it for 5 mins until the leaves have fully expanded.
- Make the dashi (see tip below) or heat until it reaches a rolling boil. Add the tofu and cook for 1 min before adding the seaweed.
- Reduce the heat. Put both types of miso in a ladle or strainer and dip it into the pot. Slowly loosen up the miso with a spoon inside the ladle or strainer; the paste will slowly melt into the dashi. Once all the miso is dissolved into the soup, turn off the heat immediately. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions to add colour and fragrance.
Japanese recipe for 4 as a starter or snack people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has seaweed, dashi, tofu, white miso paste, red miso paste and spring onion.Add to Favourites