- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 315
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Mixed seed bread
- wholemeal-flour - 350g wholemeal flour
- rye - 100g rye flour
- quinoa - 50g quinoa flour or extra rye flour
- salt - 2 tsp salt
- yeast - 7g sachet fast-action yeast
- sunflower-seed - 125g pack sunflower seeds
- caraway - 25g caraway seeds
- poppy-seed - 50g each poppy seeds and sesame seeds
- treacle - 75ml black treacle
- water - 300ml water
- Mix the flours, salt, yeast, sunflower, caraway, and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Add the black treacle and water, then mix well. If the dough seems a little stiff, add 1 tbsp or more extra water. Mix well, then put on a lightly floured work surface and gently knead the dough for 7 mins. Put it back into a lightly oiled bowl for approx 2 hours until doubled in size.
- Line a tray with baking parchment. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knock back, then gently mould the dough into a ball. Roll the dough in the sesame seeds and place on the baking tray to prove for a further hour until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Cut the top into criss-cross slashes with a sharp knife and bake for 30 mins until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath. Cool on a wire rack.
Wholemeal bread recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has wholemeal flour, rye, quinoa, salt, yeast, sunflower seed, caraway, poppy seed, treacle and water.