- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 297
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1.02g
Mixed winter greens with brown butter breadcrumbs
- butter - 100g butter
- breadcrumb - 140g fresh breadcrumb
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- flat-leaf-parsley - 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- lemon - zest 2 lemons
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- kale - 400g kale, shredded, stalks removed
- spinach - 400g large-leaf spinach, washed
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until it turns a nut-brown colour. Add the breadcrumbs and garlic, then fry, stirring, until golden. Add the parsley and lemon zest. Season with a little salt, then tip onto a piece of kitchen paper and let cool.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then cook the kale until just softened - add a splash of water if it starts to stick. Add the spinach, then cook for 3-4 mins. Drain any excess water from the pan, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Spoon into a serving dish, top with the breadcrumb mixture and serve.
Winter roasts recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, breadcrumb, garlic clove, flat-leaf parsley, lemon, olive oil, kale and spinach.