- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 474
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
More veg, less meat summer Bolognese
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- carrot - 3 carrots, finely chopped
- celery - 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- courgette - 2 courgettes, cut into small cubes
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- beef-mince - 250g pack beef mince
- tomato-puree - 1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- fettuccine - 400g fettuccine
- pea - 200g pea, frozen or fresh
- parsley - handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in large deep frying pan. Add the onions, carrots, celery, courgettes and garlic. Cook for about 10 mins or until soft, adding a few splashes of water if the mixture begins to stick. Turn up the heat and add the mince. Fry for a few mins more, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon. Stir in tomato puree, pour over the chopped tomatoes and add a can of water. Simmer for 15 mins until the sauce is thick, then season.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine following pack instructions.
- Tip the peas into the sauce and simmer for 2 mins more until tender. Stir through the drained pasta and parsley, then serve.
Low-calorie pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, courgette, garlic clove, beef mince, tomato purée, chopped tomato, fettuccine, pea and parsley.