- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 324
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Moroccan chicken one-pot
- chicken-breast - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, 1 roughly chopped, 1 sliced
- tomato - 100g tomatoes
- ginger - 100g ginger, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves
- turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- ground-cumin - 1 tbsp each ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- butternut-squash - 1 large butternut squash, deseeded and cut into big chunks
- chicken-stock - 600ml chicken stock
- brown-sugar - 2 tbsp brown sugar
- red-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- cherry - 100g dried cherries
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- mint - handful mint leaves
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- couscous - couscous and natural yogurt
- Season 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a flameproof dish, then brown the chicken on all sides. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Whizz 1 chopped onion, 100g tomatoes, 100g chopped ginger and 3 garlic cloves into a rough paste.
- Fry 1 sliced onion in 1 tbsp olive oil in the dish until softened, then add 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp coriander and 1 tbsp cinnamon and fry for 1 min more until fragrant. Add the paste and fry for another few mins to soften.
- Return the chicken to the dish with 1 large butternut squash, cut into big chunks, 600ml chicken stock, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 2 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer, then cook for 30 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Lift the chicken out and stir in 100g dried cherries, then continue simmering the sauce to thicken while you shred the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Stir the chicken back into the sauce and season.
- Mix 1 finely chopped small red onion, the zest of 1 lemon, a handful of mint leaves and 100g crumbled feta cheese. Scatter over the dish, then serve with couscous and natural yogurt.
Healthy winter recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chicken breast, olive oil, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic clove, turmeric, ground cumin, butternut squash, chicken stock, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, cherry, red onion, lemon, mint, feta cheese and couscous.