- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 460
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1.11g
Moroccan chicken with sweet potato mash
- sweet-potato - 1kg sweet potatoes, cubed
- ras-el-hanout - 2 tsp ras-el-hanout, or a mix of ground cinnamon and cumin
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, thinly sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- chicken-stock - 200ml chicken stock
- clear-honey - 2 tsp clear honey
- lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- olive - handful green olives, pitted or whole
- coriander - 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Mix the ras el hanout with seasoning, then sprinkle all over the chicken. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large frying pan, then brown the chicken for 3 mins on each side until golden.
- Lift the chicken out of the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the stock, honey, lemon juice and olives, return the chicken to the pan, then simmer for 10 mins until the sauce is syrupy and the chicken cooked.
- Mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and season. Thickly slice each chicken breast and stir the coriander through the sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce over mash.
Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sweet potato, ras-el-hanout, chicken breast, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, chicken stock, clear honey, lemon, olive and coriander.