- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 148
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 1.07g
Moroccan chickpea soup
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 medium onion, chopped
- celery - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- vegetable-stock - 600ml hot vegetable stock
- tomato - 400g can chopped plum tomatoes with garlic
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- broad-bean - 100g frozen broad beans
- lemon - zest and juice 1/2 lemon
- coriander - large handful coriander or parsley and flatbread, to serve
- Heat the oil in alarge saucepan, then fry the onion and celery gently for 10 mins until softened, stirring frequently. Tip in the cumin and fry for another min.
- Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas, plus a good grind of black pepper. Simmer for 8 mins. Throw in broad beans and lemon juice, cook for a further 2 mins. Season to taste, then top with a sprinkling of lemon zest and chopped herbs. Serve with flatbread.
Low-calorie soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, celery, cumin, vegetable stock, tomato, chickpea, broad bean, lemon and coriander.