- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 348
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 0.45g
Moroccan turkey meatballs with citrus couscous
- turkey-mince - 500g pack turkey mince
- chilli-powder - 2 tsp each chilli powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- onion - 1 onion, coarsely grated
- orange - zest 1 orange, then peeled and orange segments chopped
- couscous - 250g couscous
- chicken-stock - 250ml hot chicken stock
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- In a big bowl, mix the mince, spices, onion and orange zest together really well with your hands. Roll the mixture into about 20 walnut-sized meatballs.
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the hot chicken stock, cover with cling film and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. add the meatballs and fry, turning often, for about 12 mins until browned all over and cooked through.
- Fluff the couscous up with a fork, stir in the chopped orange, coriander and some seasoning. Pile onto plates and serve with the meatballs.
High protein lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has turkey mince, chilli powder, cinnamon, onion, orange, couscous, chicken stock, olive oil and coriander.