- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 824
- Fat Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 104g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 2.3g
Mushroom fajitas with avocado hummus
- avocado - 1 large avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- tomato - 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- red-onion - 1 red onion, cut into thick rounds
- mushroom - 2 large flat mushrooms thickly sliced
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- spice - 2 tsp fajita spice mix
- tortilla - 4 tortillas
- little-gem-lettuce - shredded Little Gem lettuce and Tabasco sauce, to serve (optional)
- Put the avocado, chickpeas, garlic, lemon zest and juice in afood processorand whizz together until it forms a chunky consistency. Spoon into a bowl, season and stir in the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the onion and mushroom with the oil and sprinkle over the fajita seasoning. Heat agriddle panover a high heat and cook the onion for 2 mins on each side, then remove from the pan and keep warm. Cook the mushrooms for 2 mins on each side or until softened and turning golden in places.
- Spread some of the avocado hummus down the middle of each wrap and top with the mushrooms and onions. Add shredded lettuce and a dash of Tabasco, if you like, and wrap up.
Healthy Mexican recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has avocado, chickpea, garlic clove, lemon, tomato, red onion, mushroom, olive oil, spice, tortilla and little gem lettuce.