- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 137
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.38g
Mushroom & tarragon pâté
- unsalted-butter - 50g unsalted butter
- shallot - 2 shallots, finely chopped
- leek - 1 leek, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chestnut-mushroom - 100g chestnut mushroom, finely chopped
- shiitake-mushroom - 100g shiitake mushroom, finely chopped
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- tarragon - 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra to garnish
- french-stick - 1 French stick ; extra vigin olive oil; mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add shallots, leek and garlic, then gently fry for 7 mins until softened.
- Increase the heat, add the chestnut and the shiitake mushrooms, then cook for 10 mins, stirring, until the juices have evaporated and the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the mustard and creme fraiche, then season well. Cook for a further 2 mins then stir in the chopped tarragon.
- Preheat the grill. Cut the French stick into diagonal slices, drizzle with a little olive oil, then grill until golden. Spoon the hot pate on to the toasts, garnish with the extra tarragon, then serve with salad leaves.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, shallot, leek, garlic clove, chestnut mushroom, shiitake mushroom, wholegrain mustard, crème fraîche, tarragon and french stick.