- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 302
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
Mushroom & thyme risotto
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chestnut-mushroom - 350g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- quinoa - 100g quinoa
- vegetable-stock - 1l hot vegetable stock
- risotto-rice - 175g risotto rice
- thyme-leaf - handful of thyme leaves
- parmesan - handful of grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- rocket - 50g bag rocket, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, saute the mushrooms for 2-3 mins, then stir in the quinoa. Keeping the vegetable stock warm in a separate pan on a low heat, add a ladle of the stock and stir until absorbed. Stir in the rice and repeat again with the stock, until all the stock has been used up and the rice and quinoa are tender and cooked.
- Stir in the thyme leaves, then divide between four plates or bowls. Serve topped with grated parmesan and rocket leaves.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, chestnut mushroom, quinoa, vegetable stock, risotto rice, thyme leaf, parmesan and rocket.