- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 734
- Fat Content: 52g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 45g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
Mustard-glazed roast chicken with Waldorf stuffing
- chicken - 1 large chicken (about 2kg/4lb 8oz)
- butter - 25g butter
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- vegetable - roast potatoes and vegetables, to serve (optional)
- celery - 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- apple - 2 red apples, cored and finely chopped
- walnut - 100g walnut, chopped
- breadcrumb - 100g fresh breadcrumb, handful reserved for the topping
- sausagemeat - 400g sausagemeat (6 sausages)
- medium-egg - 1 medium egg
- parsley - handful parsley, chopped
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- butter - 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. To make the stuffing, mix together all the ingredients, except the butter, in a large bowl with some seasoning. Scrunch with your hands until well combined.
- Season the chicken all over and put in a roasting tin. Smear with the butter and put on the middle shelf of the oven for 50 mins.
- Meanwhile, grease a 20 x 30cm roasting tin. Press in the stuffing, then sprinkle with the reserved breadcrumbs and dot with the butter.
- Brush the chicken with the mustard, transfer it to a lower shelf and roast for 40 mins more until cooked through and the juices run clear. Put the stuffing on the top shelf at the same time and cook for 40-50 mins until golden and crisp.
- Leave the chicken to rest for 10 mins, then serve with the stuffing, along with roast potatoes and veg, if you like.
Roasts recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has chicken, butter, wholegrain mustard, vegetable, celery, apple, walnut, breadcrumb, sausagemeat, medium egg, parsley, wholegrain mustard and butter.